Monday, December 07, 2009

Landon's Santa Letter


Things have finally slowed a bit with Mia Bella (only a bit, I'm still busy!!), so I finally sat down with Landon and we got his Christmas letter to Santa written. The "wish list" is verbatim, I helped with the rest :-) And Landon spelled many things on the letter when we were done -- of note, the big I and the #2, and A and T beside his name, and the really well done L right under his name :-) He was so proud to "write" on the letter himself!!

We played out back a bit today - had to get Landon out!! We had another life lesson though ... no sticking your tongue on metal while outside in the winter. Landon licked a small garden shovel that was under the deck, and yes, ripped it off his tongue and bled like a stuck pig (while crying) for a many many many many minutes. By suppertime he was recovered, but I remember doing that as a kid and I know it hurts :-( Poor guy .... I wish he was patient enough to have waited for me to pour warm water over the shovel, but this is Landon we're talking about.

Arlan hasn't really been out much. It's so bloody cold! High in the -20 to -19 range. Landon - the heater that he is - doesn't seem too bothered by it; but Arlan's so little and just can't move when he's all bundled up to keep himself warm! So we'll have to try to get him out in upcoming days

I did take some pics, so hopefully I get them up here soon. Until next time...

No comments: