Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Landon's first C-Train Trip

Landon LOVED riding the c-train today. He didn't really want to go anywhere this morning, but I knew with the crappy weather he'd get cabin-fever by the end of the day, so I got him up and out the door. Once we were in the car, he was excited to ride the train. No hysterics like when we went for a ride on Thomas. We went downtown to McNally Robinson, but all he really wanted to do was to get back on the train once we got off! LOL We did end up spending a couple of hours at McNally - had lunch which he sat through VERY well ... John and I might have to have a few lunches out before the baby's born, given how well Landon behaved today - and we bought his birthday gift from Aunty Margaret. He got Richard Scarry's Best Mother Goose, and a fishing wooden puzzle (a wooden puzzle with a magnetic fishing pole for him to 'fish' the various sea creatures ). Landon's been loving playing with the magnets on his trains so I thought the magnets would be fun for him, and he's had a ton of fun so far today. He also is enjoying hearing the Mother Goose nursery rhymes (and I'm enjoying the break from Thomas stories!! LOL). All in all it was a wonderful trip downtown for Landon and mommy ... I'm hoping to do it again before the baby comes ... whether we go to the Telus Science Centre, back to McNally, or somewhere else. It was just a nice trip.

Of course, I really enjoyed the nap when we got home too!! My big roly-poly belly requires me to nap with Landon these days ... I can hardly function if I don't take that chance for downtime! Ah well ... they say napping is supposed to increase your life-expectancy, so I should be set to reach at least 100!!

No comments: