Thursday, March 22, 2007

Travelling....



Here are a couple of pics from my travels to Minot. I passed through Dog River on the way, had to stop to take a pic of the elevator and Corner Gas. the set is all boarded up though, so there's really not too much to see.
and I had never driven past Weyburn before, so the country south east was all new to me. The second picture is between Estevan and the border ... coal mined land. Mile after mile looked just like this. blech!
The rest of the trip to Minot was ok, except that silly cop about 15 miles out of Minot. aiaiaiai What point is there in an US$18 speeding ticket!?!?! But I made it safely and in one piece. The weekend was fun -- it was great to see everyone again! The volleyball was good - but the other teams were better so we got to drinking a bit earlier than most :-/ But we kept it pretty tame this year -- we must be getting older. I knew I was traveling alone on Sunday to head back home, and I didn't want to feel nearly as bad as I did the last time we were in Minot, so I tried to keep my vision all night. The trip back was LONG -- because I was a bit tired (and getting stiffer every mile I made), but mostly because I was so anxious to get back to Landon!! LOL

No comments: