Saturday, December 27, 2008

some other photos from the past week

Here's our mantel Xmas Eve, and our Christmas tree with the presents under it. Looking at it now, I wish I would've plugged the lights in for the picture LOL But then you'd see our little section close to the top where the lights don't work!! frustrating thing ...
But ah well... The angel on top is a homemade gift from Aunty Yvonne last year. And of course, those big gifts in front are from Santa.



Here's Arlan and Grandma hanging out this morning before Grandma and Grandpa left. This was one of Arlan's favourite places to be ... sitting on the couch beside Grandma and he was very happy :-) Oh yeah - and he's playing with his new octoplush ... his fave gift!!





Here's Landon mid-somersault ... I think this is Xmas Eve. I don't know how he didn't hurt himself on this one, given how close he is to the futon. *shrug* He LOVES to do somersaults.

And a few days before Christmas, Landon decided he didn't need to nap. He was in bed for about an hour, but didn't go to sleep. When I checked on him he said "I no need to sleep. I wake up now!" ... so I let him get up. He was miserable!! So finally we told him to go upstairs until he could feel better (he likes to go to the computer/bonus room if Arlan's making too much noise, or if he's just overwhelmed with the world at the moment). John and I continued to eat our supper, then I noticed just how quiet it was. John came up to check on Landon, and well ... I guess he did need a nap after all!! Of course, this is now at 6:00 at night, so the question became how long to let him sleep. But we left him for about half an hour and it didn't seem to disturb his sleep too much that night. Stinker!! I think that is the only time he's ever fallen asleep outside of bed on his own (he has fallen asleep on either John or I a couple of times, and oh yeah - once in his high chair!). It was cute, I must admit!



No comments: