Wednesday, August 30, 2006

If you thought it was big before...



My nose is a bit bigger these days ... heh heh!! I just hope it doesn't end up to be too crooked after this is all done! Yup - I broke it on Monday night, playing ball. As embarassing as it is, I was batting - hit a foul tip into my face. I did this to MYSELF!! Can you believe it? (for all of you who just chuckled and said, "Oh yeah, I can believe" ... piss on you!! LOL)
So this is day two (taken this morning). The bruising keeps spreading, I hope it's as far as it will go now. There still isn't much pain, but I'm worried about infection on my nose (as you can see the bright red around the lower set of stitches). If that doesn't go away I will go to a walk-in, but antibiotics aren't a friendly option for breastfeeding moms ... so hopefully it will not be infected!
Thankfully those aren't the old stitches of yore -- nowadays they actually can glue your wound. So my nose was glued to what would've been the equivalent of 3 stitches, 2 on the top wound, 1 on the bottom. It luckily doesn't hurt, I don't know if that's yet to come (maybe I'm still numb), or if I'm just lucky that way.

On to cuter stuff: Landon is doing better. We had our follow-up appt with the dr yesterday. The blood tests from last week were fine, and his liver and spleen have shrunk a bit (still not normal size, but close). They took some more blood yesterday to test for mono, we go back in 2 weeks for the results. Hopefully he's fully recovered from whatever this is by then :-)

That's about it from here for now. Will post again shortly to let you know how Landon's doing. Take care...TK

No comments: