Thursday, August 23, 2007

Forgot about the Great Sand Hills






Monday was a dismal day, so Landon and I headed across the ferry at Lancer to the Great Sand Hills. It was so incredibly windy there that we didn't spend much time ... we were getting sandblasted and Landon wouldn't even get out of my arms to run around. Until we found a bit of a hollow where he had run trying to climb.

The Hills were pretty neat ... to see these desert-like sand dunes rolling through the prairies. It's hard to show in pictures, so I only posted a couple. I found playing with the colours and contrasts makes it stand out more, even if the colours aren't necessarily 'true'.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in Sceptre, visiting the museum, and then having a bite to eat at the local cafe / second hand store. I even found a treasure for myself -- a Yahtzee game exactly like Grandma Leisle's, brings back memories and Yvonne and I played a few games on Monday night.
We went back on the Lemsford ferry, and got back to Eston Park about 5 pm. That was our last day in Sask :-( We had a nice night visiting with Aunty Yvonne, and then Tuesday morning we packed up to head west again. The trip home was a bit quicker as we followed John's route straight through God's Country ... we'd have been home in just over 4 hours if it wasn't for the construction LOL

No comments: