Thursday, January 15, 2009

Poor Landon :-(

Landon got himself a nice fat lip today :-( He was splashing through the water (yes, it's about +10' here, so it's all slushy and stuff) and slipped on the ice that's still underneath and his hands slipped when he tried to catch himself, so he smashed his face into the sidewalk. Even his nose is scratched up. He sure cried! Good thing we had some nice cold snow to put on his mouth right away ... although it didn't stop all the swelling as you can see. He wouldn't let me lift his lip up, so I'm not sure how much damage has been done on the inside. I'll have to see when he wakes from his nap - maybe it won't be quite so tender.
Then on his way upstairs to have a nap (sooooo sleepy after a big cry like that) he bonked his head on the handrail. MORE tears ... it's been a REALLY tough afternoon for Landon.


Here's a pic from last week ... Landon is at the stage where he organizes everything. His favourite activity is to line his trucks up ... here he managed to get them all balanced on the back of the couch. And as you can see, he was quite proud of this accomplishment. He also enjoys lining them up when he plays in the basement, or on the table, or wherever else.
His second favourite passtime is loading his trucks and loaders up with play-doh -- play-doh is dirt, or coal (if he's been watching Thomas), or whatever else is in his imagination that day. I LOVE play-doh (although I am already tired of sweeping up dried bits of it already ... but I am realizing I have about 6 more years of that ahead of me...)

You'll notice we haven't been talking about potty training -- that's because it's at a complete stand-still right now. ABSOLUTELY no action on that front for well over a month :-( But he did ask to wear gotchies yesterday, for a few minutes anyways. He's also not wanting to wear a diaper much ... preferring to run around naked (of course) and getting a diaper only to pee or poop. I ask every day if he wants to use the pot, but don't push him. Hopefully soon we'll see some potty action ... but I think if he doesn't train shortly, he will in the summer time. I'm hoping anyways...

No comments: