Sunday, January 04, 2009

Random Pics

Here's a shot of John playing on NYE -- unfortunately I don't have a pic of the two of us together that night :-/ I'll have to see if I can get one from someone else who had a camera there that night. you know how it is - you never have pics of yourself .... *sigh*
Here's Landon on New Years Day - watching CARS!! Yes ... that was a god-send that morning as neither John nor I had much energy. I am glad I didn't drink too much the night before, by noon I was back to myself.

And here's Arlan's last picture of 08 -- I took it before going out on NYE so that I could show him off :-P Such a cute little stinker-pants!
We've had a good few days, haven't been doing much. We're all pretty much used to sleeping in these days - it's gonna' be tough for John to get up for work. And I'm pretty sure him getting up will have Arlan up earlier too (he's been sleeping in until 8:30 since Christmas ... except his usual one time up at 6:30 event). I think Arlan wakes when the garage door opens *shrug* Ah well ...
And back to V'ball tomorrow- I'm looking forward to that. Get some exercise, maybe work off some turkey. Ah, who am I kidding, it's not the turkey that was the problem!! it was the cookies, and the brownies, and the tarts, and the chips, and the pie ... you get the picture ;-) I did do yoga today though - so it's a start!
I've also been testing out all of my Xmas gifts. The robe is wonderful, I tested that out on Boxing Day. The Deceptively Delicious cookbook -- well .... deceptive would be accurate. I shouldn't knock it too much yet, I've only tried a couple of recipes. Instead what I'm doing is putting veggie purees into my own recipes, and that's worked out all right so far. Like cauliflower in scrambled eggs, sweet potato in pancakes ... I'll keep experimenting. Mostly I'm loving my new wok, used for the first time tonight, and my new big-ass fry-pan which is getting a TON of use. So I'm a happy cooker these days ;-)
So that's our relatively boring update for the first few days of the year. We've been laying low and keeping quiet. Until next time...


No comments: